Serving as a Surrogate Parent for a Child with a Disability
The purpose of this course is to offer an online accessible training option for those interested in representing students with disabilities as a surrogate parent.
This professional development program meets the requirements for the Ohio Operating Standards for Education of Children with Disabilities (OAC 3301-51-05 (E)) and the Federal Regulations (C.F.R. 300.519).
Goals for this training…
The goal for this training is to familiarize the surrogate parent with the following:
- Defining terms, responsibilities and the law
- Parent rights in Special Education
- Special Education process
- Additional specific requirements for a surrogate parent
The course offers a series of modules with key concepts, resources, activities and more to support the surrogate parent role.
- Module 1: Surrogate Parent Responsibilities
- Module 2: Defining Terms and Responsibilities
- Module 3: Children and Parent Rights
- Module 4: The Special Education Process – Part One
- Module 5: The Special Education Process – Part Two
- Module 6: Additional Specific Requirements – Part One
- Module 7: Additional Specific Requirements – Part Two
Create an Account
Complete All Module Content
Earn a Certificate